Mom's Best Chocolate Fudge
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 tsp
- 7 oz
- marshmallow cream
- 12 oz
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 1/2 c
- 5 oz
- evaporated milk
- 1/2 c
How to Make Mom's Best Chocolate Fudge
- 1Put vanilla, chocolate chips and marshmallow cream in a large bowl. Set aside.
- 2Mix sugar, evaporated milk and 1 tablespoon of the butter in a 2 1/2 - 3 quart sauce pan.
- 3Bring to a full rolling boil while stirring constantly.
- 4Allow to boil for 5 minutes continuing to stir constantly....you can boil 7 minutes if you like a firmer fudge.
- 5Drip a drop of the boiling mixture in a cup of ice water. Poke it, if it is hard to the touch it is done. If it squishes boil another minute or two and try the water thing again until it stays a hard ball.
- 6When it is the hard ball stage add remaining butter then bring it back to a boil for one minute.
- 7Pour contents of sauce pan into the large bowl. Stir all the ingredients together until the chocolate chips are completely melted and the mixture is smooth and blended completely.
- 8Pour into a 9 x 9 baking pan and set on counter to cool. Cut into squares and serve when fudge is firm.