Mint Chip Mousse
How to Make Mint Chip Mousse
- 1Reserve 6 mint patties ; cut the remaining ones into 1/4" pieces.
- 2Sprinkle gelatin over COLD water to soften ; stir over hot water in a double broiler until dissolved ; set aside.
- 3With an electric mixer beat eggs until foamy ; Add the sugar and beat for 10 minutes until thick ; Add mint extract and creme de menthe ; Beat well ; Add food coloring and mix until color is even through out.
- 4Add cooled but unset gelatin to the egg mixture ; stir well.
- 5Whip heavy cream until stiff ; reserve about 1/2 cup for garnish ; FOLD the rest into the egg mixture when its about set.
- 6Fold the mint pieces gently into mixture ; Spoon into 5-6 cup serving dish ; refrigerate.
- 7Arrange reserved whole mint patties on top of the mousse ; Place a dollop of the cream on top of each of the patties.