How to Make Maple-Nut Fudge
- Line an 8 inch square baking pan with non-stick foil. Coat foil with cooking spray
- Combine syrup, sugar, heavy cream and salt in a medium sized saucepan
- Bring to boiling over medium high heat stirring. Once boiling cook 7 to 8 minutes or until mixture registers 238 degrees on a candy thermometer.
- Remove pan from heat, with an electric mixer, beat in butter and vanilla.
Continue to beat on high for 8 to 9 minutes or until thickened, light in color and fudge loses its glossy finish
- Stir in nuts and spread into prepared pan
Let stand until firm, about 25 minutes.
Cut into squares.