Manhattan Beach Munchies1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 Tbsp
- bittersweet chocolate
- 1 c
- butter, diced
- 1.5 c
- 1/3 c
- strong coffee
- 1/2 c
How to Make Manhattan Beach Munchies
- 1Preheat oven to 375.
- 2Line a 9x13" square baking pan with foil, allowing foil to stick about 2" beyond the sides of the pan.
- 3Butter the bottom and sides of the pan and foil.
- 4In a double boiler over hot (not simmering) water, melt the chocolate with the butter and coffee, stirring frequently until smooth.
- 5Stir the mixture, occasionally, for about ten minutes.
- 6Using the high speed in a mixer, beat the eggs for 30 seconds, until foamy.
- 7Gradually add the sugar and continue to beat for 2 minutes or until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- 8Reduce the mixer to low speed and gradually add the chocolate mixture until just blended.
- 9Stir in the flour by hand.
- 10Do not overbeat the mixture.
- 11Put the batter into the pan and bake on the center rack of the oven 28-30 minutes. It should remain slightly moist in the center.
- 12Cool on a rack for 30 minutes.
- 13Cover pan tightly and chill in refrigerator minimum of 6 hours.
- 14Reomove the cover and run a knife around the edge to loosen.
- 15Lift out of pan with overhanging foil, invert and peel off the foil.
- 16Invert again an cut into rectangles.