Manhattan Beach Munchies1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 Tbspbittersweet chocolate
1 cbutter, diced
1/3 cstrong coffee
How to Make Manhattan Beach Munchies
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Line a 9x13" square baking pan with foil, allowing foil to stick about 2" beyond the sides of the pan.
- Butter the bottom and sides of the pan and foil.
- In a double boiler over hot (not simmering) water, melt the chocolate with the butter and coffee, stirring frequently until smooth.
- Stir the mixture, occasionally, for about ten minutes.
- Using the high speed in a mixer, beat the eggs for 30 seconds, until foamy.
- Gradually add the sugar and continue to beat for 2 minutes or until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Reduce the mixer to low speed and gradually add the chocolate mixture until just blended.
- Stir in the flour by hand.
- Do not overbeat the mixture.
- Put the batter into the pan and bake on the center rack of the oven 28-30 minutes. It should remain slightly moist in the center.
- Cool on a rack for 30 minutes.
- Cover pan tightly and chill in refrigerator minimum of 6 hours.
- Reomove the cover and run a knife around the edge to loosen.
- Lift out of pan with overhanging foil, invert and peel off the foil.
- Invert again an cut into rectangles.