Mamie Eisenhower's Never Fail Fudge
It is rich and delicious. But most of all it is easy and "Never Fails". It can be made without the nuts.
- 1/2 c
- plus 1 tablespoon butter, divided
- milk chocolate candy bars (two 7 ounces, one 1.55 ounces), broken into pieces
- 4 c
- (24 ounces total) semisweet chocoalte chips
- 1 jar(s)
- (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1 can(s)
- (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 4 1/2 c
- 2 c
- chopped walnuts
How to Make Mamie Eisenhower's Never Fail Fudge
- 2In a large heavy saucepan over medium-low heat, combine the milk, sugar and remaining butter. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil and stir for 4-1/2 minutes. Pour over chocolate mixture; stir until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth and creamy. Stir in walnuts. Pour into prepared pan. Cover and refrigerate until firm.
- 3Using foil, lift fudge out of pan; cut into 1 inch squares. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: about 6 pounds.