Dressed up Lolli's
- suckers of every kind and color
- candy making chocolate of any flavor, chocolate, strawberry, white chocolate.. coating chips
- sprinkles (jimmies) in every color, coconut, small candies chopped into tiny pieces...
- food coloring, white can frosting for mixing colors to make eyes and mouth
- box covered with any wrapping paper.., ribbon, baggies
How to Make Dressed up Lolli's
- 1Unwrap all suckers that you want dipped in candy making chocolate coatings...also, find a sturdy box..like a shoe-box and cover with wrapping paper of choice, or foiled paper, take a small screwdriver and poke holes in the box about every 4 inches or so, eyeball it as to how you want it to hold the suckers once done. You can also use styrofoam, or green floral sponge and cover with covering of choice. Get all your dipping sprinkles and candies, ribbons..decorating utensils together so you have them handy once you start dipping your suckers.
- 2In a microwave bowl add chocolate or flavored coatings of choice and melt as directed on bag..usually I do 15 second intervals depending on how much I have in the bowl that needs melting. Once melted..take the sucker and dip into melted mixture now swirl in the coating..once you have a light coating then tap the sucker stick on the side of the bowl to get any access coating to drip back into the bowl. Now sprinkle by hand any coating you want on your sucker...I find doing it by hand is easier than dipping, because dipping sometimes causes the coating to clump.
- 5AS I said...there are so many different ideas that you can do..this is what I had on hand, otherwise I would have used more coatings, flavors, etc.
This would be great for so many occasions..kids will love this for birthday celebrations..bake sales, school parties...Enjoy!