Linda's Easy Maple Fudge
You can add more maple flavoring depending on how strong a maple taste you like.
How to Make Linda's Easy Maple Fudge
- Over medium high heat, bring butter, brown sugar and carnation milk to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium, simmer for 7 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat. Add the maple extract and give a quick mix.
- Add the powdered sugar 1 cup at a time and beat with an electric or hand mixer for 2 minutes.
- Stir in nuts by hand if using.
Pour into an 8x8 or 9x9 pan, lightly buttered. Cool.
- This makes a large batch of fudge and in the 8x8 or 9x9 pan it is quite thick, so cut into small squares. I chop the walnuts fairly large but they can be any size you prefer.