Later, Sweet Tater! Pecan Bars
3 Tbspbutter or margarine, softened
2 Tbspgranulated sugar
2/3 cgraham cracker crumbs
2 Tbsptoasted pecans, finely chopped
1egg, slightly beaten (or egg substitute)
1 csweet potatoes, mashed
1/4 csour cream
1/4 cgranulated sugar
1 1/2 tspall purpose flour
3/4 tsppumpkin pie spice
1/3 cwhole milk
1/2 cchopped, toasted pecans
How to Make Later, Sweet Tater! Pecan Bars
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together the butter & 2 Tbls sugar. Stir in cracker crumbe and 2 Tbls of finely chopped pecans.
- Once combined, press into the bottom of a lightly greased (butter-flavored PAM is great!) 8x8x2 inch baking pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes or until the crust is lightly browned. Watch carefully!
- Set the crust aside and let cool to the touch.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the egg, mashed sweet potatoes and sour cream.
- Stir in the 1/4 Cup sugar, all of the flour and the pumpkin pie spice until smooth.
- Add milk slowly, stirring until smooth. (I do this to keep it from splashing out of the bowl.)
- Pour Sweet potato mix evenly over the crust and bake @ 350 degrees F for about 25 minutes or until an inserted knife comes clean.
- Immediately sprinkle the remaining chopped nuts and press lightly into filling. Cool completely in the pan then chill.
- Remove from refrigerator and cut into bars. Stores in the fridge up to 2 days or the freezer for 1 month.
- 112 calories, 7g total fat (2g saturated fat), 21mg chol., 49mg sodium, 14g carbs, 1g dietary fiber, 2g protein.
- EXCHANGES: 1/2 STARCH, 1/2 OTHER CARB, 1 1/2 FAT, CARB CHOICES: 1