Key Lime Fudge
- 3 c
- white baking chips
- 14-ounce can (1-1/4 cups) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tsp
- finely chopped lime peel
- 2 Tbsp
- key lime juice
- drops green food coloring, if desired
- 1 c
- chopped macadamia nuts, toasted if desired
How to Make Key Lime Fudge
- 1Line a 9x9x2-inch baking pan with foil, extending foil over edges of pan. Butter foil; set aside.
- 2In a heavy large saucepan stir baking pieces and sweetened condensed milk over low heat just until pieces are melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat. Stir in lime peel, lime juice, and food coloring if used. Stir in macadamia nuts.
- 3Spread mixture evenly into the prepared pan. If desired, sprinkle a few additional coarsely chopped macadamia nuts over the top. Cover and chill for 2 hours or until firm.
- 4Lift fudge from pan using edges of foil. Peel off foil. Use a knife to cut into pieces. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 2 months. Makes 2-1/2 pounds fudge.
- 5NOTE: If you use food coloring GO LIGHTLY.