Kahlua Cream Truffles
★★★★★ 1 vote5
8 ozsemi-sweet chocolate chips, chopped
1/4 cwhipping cream
3 Tbspbutter, unsalted
2 Tbsppowdered sugar
2 Tbspunsweetened cocoa powder or sifted powdered sugar
How to Make Kahlua Cream Truffles
- In a small saucepan, combine all ingredients except unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Cook over low heat until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth, stirring constantly.
- Place pan in a bowl of ice water to speed chilling, stirring mixture occasionally.
- Sift a light layer of cocoa powder on a cookie sheet.
- When chocolate mixture is cooled and slightly thickened, spoon into a decorating bag fitted with desired decorative tip, or truffles may dropped by teaspoonfuls onto cocoa dusted sheet pan and then rolled by hand.
- Sift remaining cocoa powder over truffles. Store tightly covered in refrigerator, let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.