Honey Sesame Halva
How to Make Honey Sesame Halva
- Grease an 8x10x2" rectangular non-stick pan and line the bottom with parchment and oil that too. You can also use a tin with a press out bottom, ramekins or a plastic container.
- If you plan to use nuts in this it would be advisable to toast them at 350'F (180'C). And add them to the Honey syrup while it's still warm.
Heat the honey is a medium sized sauce pan. Watch it, it will bubble up so keep a close eye on it.
- I used a candy thermometer and when the temperature of the honey hit 240'F (115'C) the soft ball stage I took it off the heat to cool. If you are going to add nuts to this add them while the syrup is cooling.
- While the honey is cooling, add your flavoring if using. I added some coconut essence to mine. Heat up the sesame tahini to 120'F (50'C) and fold the warm tahini into the warm syrup.
- Once the mixture has cooled, cover it to keep out moister. This gives sugar crystals time to grow in the halva which gives it its distinct texture.