I lived in New Orleans until Katrina .
My Heart is still In New Orleans .
2 cgranulated sugar
1 cbrown sugar, lightly packed
1/4 ccorn syrup, light
(1) 6 ozpackage butterscotch morsels
1/2 to 1 cchopped walnuts or pecan ...
How to Make HomeMade Candy
- Combine sugars, water, corn syrup, vinegar and salt in a 2-quart saucepan.
- Boil over high heat for three minutes, but do not stir
- Remove from the heat, add butterscotch morsels and beat until smooth and morsels are melted.
- The mixture will be thin. Stir in nuts and drop by tablespoonsful onto ungreased foil or brown paper.
- Mixture may be thinned with warm water, a little at a time, if necessary.
- Let pralines stand at room temperature to set or chill in the refrigerator.