I lived in New Orleans until Katrina .
My Heart is still In New Orleans .
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 c
- granulated sugar
- 1 c
- brown sugar, lightly packed
- 3/4 c
- 1/4 c
- corn syrup, light
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- (1) 6 oz
- package butterscotch morsels
- 1/2 to 1 c
- chopped walnuts or pecan ...
How to Make HomeMade Candy
- 1Combine sugars, water, corn syrup, vinegar and salt in a 2-quart saucepan.
- 2Boil over high heat for three minutes, but do not stir
- 3Remove from the heat, add butterscotch morsels and beat until smooth and morsels are melted.
- 4The mixture will be thin. Stir in nuts and drop by tablespoonsful onto ungreased foil or brown paper.
- 5Mixture may be thinned with warm water, a little at a time, if necessary.
- 6Let pralines stand at room temperature to set or chill in the refrigerator.