HOME MADE CARAMELS
Peggi Anne Tebben
Turtle Eggs are turtles that I chop the pecans up in & form them in a Tupperware deviled egg container to look like eggs.
How to Make HOME MADE CARAMELS
- 1Melt butter in a heavy saucepan.
- 2Add brown sugar and salt.
- 3Stir until thoroughly combined.
- 4Stir in corn syrup and mix well.
- 5Gradually add milk, stirring constantly.
- 6Cook and stir over medium heat until candy reaches firm ball stage or 245° on candy thermometer. About 12 to 15 min.
- 7Remove from heat, stir in vanilla.
- 8Pour into a buttered 9 inch square pan.
- 9Cool and cut into squares.
- 10May also use to make Turtles or Millionaires candy.