My Dad's favorite candy is Almond Rocha, so when I first made this, he was ecstatic at how easy and delicious it is!
You can experiment with toppings on this one, try toasted almonds, peppermint candies, cappucino chips or toasted coconut!
How to Make Holiday Bark
- PREHEAT oven to 400°F.
- Place crackers in foil-lined 15x10x1-inch baking pan. I usually fold the foil so it forms almost a box-like shape to keep everything packed in tighter.
- PLACE butter and sugar in saucepan; cook on medium high heat until butter is completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring occasionally.
- Bring mixture to rolling boil; boil 3 min. without stirring.
- Remove from heat and quickly pour mixture over crackers. Use a spatula to spread it as much as you can over the crackers. Crackers will move around, just push them back into place with fingers or spatula/spoon.
- BAKE 5 to 7 min. or until topping is golden brown.
Usually is perfect at 6 minutes, but obviously ovens will vary.
- Immediately sprinkle with chocolate chips, let stand 5 min. or until chocolate is softened.
Spread chocolate evenly over ingredients in pan; if adding a topping, now is the time to do so.
- Cool until the chocolate is set and break into pieces; It should come easily off of the foil used.
- Try Crumbled Candy Canes, Used Chopped Toasted Almonds, Coconut, even used Cappuccino Chips and White Chocolate Chips instead of Chocolate Chips!