NOTE: I don't like to use Corn Syrup any more so I have adjusted the recipe to 3 1/2C sugar instead of 2C sugar and 1 1/2C karo light syrup -- but you are free to choose whatever you like.
How to Make Heavenly Caramels
- 1Melt the butter in a heavy sauce pan then add the sugar and milk and bring to slow boil
- 2Cook until it reaches the Firm-Ball Stage using a candy thermometer -- 245°F to 250°F (about 20 to 25 minutes)
- 3Stir in the nuts, and pour on to cookie sheet
- 4Let air cool, cut, and enjoy
- 5Wouldn't these be excellent covered in chocolate? Yummmy