By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1.25 cunsalted butter
1.25 cpacked light brown sugar
1 chazelnuts, toasted, skinned, chopped
1/4 tspvanilla extract
1 csemisweet chocolate chips
How to Make Hazelnut-Chocolate Toffee
- Butter a small baking sheet.
- Melt the butter over low heat in a large heavy saucepan.
- Add the sugar, water, and honey and stir constantly until melted, using a wooden spoon.
- Increase the heat to moderately high and continue cooking for 15 minutes, or until the mixture reaches 290 degrees (hard-ball stage) on a candy thermometer, stirring often with a wooden spatula, scraping the bottom of the pan to make sure the mixture is not sticking.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the chopped nuts and vanilla extract.
- Pour the toffee evenly onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Cool about 5 minutes, until the surface is barely set.
- Sprinkle the top of the toffee with the chocolate chips.
- Let stand about 10 minutes, until the toffee is completely set and the chocolate is melted.
- Spread the chocolate evenly in a thin layer over the toffee.
- Cool completely until the chocolate is firm.
- Break the toffee into rough pieces and store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- Makes about 1 pound.