How to Make Great Grandpa Kennedy's MAPLE BALLS
- Put sauce ingredients into large skillet or sauce pan. Set aside.
- Sift all dry ingredients 4 times into a large bowl. Cut in the butter until it looks crumbly. Stir in the milk.
- Knead the dough gently (just enough to form balls), add more flour if needed. Form into 1-inch balls (or drop from tablespoon).
- Bring sauce to a boil. Add the dough balls to boiling sauce. Cover with pan lid. Continue cooking for 25 minutes.
- Serve while hot with the extra sauce drizzled over the top.
- **** Optional: cook coarsely chopped walnuts in the sauce.