Grandma's Old Fashioned Fudge
2squares unsweetened chocolate
2 Tbspcorn syrup, light
2 Tbspbutter, room temperature
1 tspvanilla extract
1/2 cnuts (pecan are the best~~optional)
How to Make Grandma's Old Fashioned Fudge
- In saucepan combine sugar, milk, salt, chocolate squares and corn syrup.
- Stir over low heat until sugar dissolves.
- Cook until temperature reaches 238* or until the water test is proven (1 tsp. of mixture in a bowl of cold water is dropped in and forms a soft ball and when squeezed by fingers are flattened).
- Remove from heat and drop in butter but do not stir then cool without stirring.
- Add vanilla then with a wooden spoon beat until candy looses sheen then add nuts if desired.
- Pour into a 8 x 8 square pan and cool completely and cut into squares.