Grandma's Old Fashioned Fudge
How to Make Grandma's Old Fashioned Fudge
- 1In saucepan combine sugar, milk, salt, chocolate squares and corn syrup.
- 2Stir over low heat until sugar dissolves.
- 3Cook until temperature reaches 238* or until the water test is proven (1 tsp. of mixture in a bowl of cold water is dropped in and forms a soft ball and when squeezed by fingers are flattened).
- 4Remove from heat and drop in butter but do not stir then cool without stirring.
- 5Add vanilla then with a wooden spoon beat until candy looses sheen then add nuts if desired.
- 6Pour into a 8 x 8 square pan and cool completely and cut into squares.