How to Make Grandma's Nut Brittle
- 1Butter a large platter or clean counter top. NOTE: Be careful to not let brittle burn during cooking process.
- 2Slowly cook sugar, corn syrup, and water in heavy sauce pan- stirring until sugar dissolves.
- 3Cook to soft crack stage; add nuts and salt. Proceed to cook until hard crack stage- stirring constantly.
- 4Remove from heat, add butter and baking soda- stir to blend - mixture will bubble.
- 5Pour onto buttered platter-smooth out into thin layer. Cool and break into pieces.