Fudge Ribbon Pie
- 1 oz squares unsweetened chocolate
- 6 oz can evaporated milk
- 1 c
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 tsp
- 1 qt
- peppermint ice cream
- 9 inch baked pastry shell, cooled
- egg whites
- 1/4 tsp
- cream of tartar
- 6 Tbsp
- 1/4 c
- crushed peppermint stick candy
- 1/2 tsp
- vanilla extract
How to Make Fudge Ribbon Pie
- 1In a saucepan, combine chocolate and evaporated milk.
Cook and stir over low heat till chocolate is melted, about 15 minutes.
- 2Stir in the 1 cup of sugar and butter. Cook over medium heat till thickened, 5 to 8 minutes longer, stirring occasionally.
Stir in vanilla.
- 3Spoon half the ice cream into the cooked pastry shell. Cover with half the cooled chocolate sauce; freeze.
- 4Repeat with the remaining ice cream and chocolate sauce.
Cover and freeze overnight or till firm
- 5Prepare the meringue by beating egg whites with 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and cream of tartar till soft peaks form.
Gradually add 6 tablespoons sugar, beating till stiff and glossy peaks form.
- 6Fold 3 tablespoons of the crushed candy into the meringue.
Remove pie from the freezer.
Spread meringue over chocolate layer; seal to edge.
- 7Sprinkle top with remaining 1 tablespoon crushed candy.
Place pie on old, unfinished wooden cutting board.
Bake at 475 F for 4 to 5 minutes, or till golden.
Serve at once.