FANNIE MAE CARMELS ....a very good clone
Nancy J. Patrykus
This recipe has been around for a few years.
Always nice to make and give as a Christmas present.
- 4 c
- 2 c
- light corn syrup
- 14 oz
- can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1-1/2 dash(es)
- 1 c
- whipping cream
- 1 c
- 2 tsp
- 2 c
- chopped walnuts or pecans, if desired
How to Make FANNIE MAE CARMELS ....a very good clone
- 1Lightly grease a 9x13 inch pan.
In a large saucepan combine sugar, corn syrup, condensed milk,cream, milk,and butter.
Place over medium heat ans stir occasionally with a wooden spoon until it comes to a boil.
- 2Attach a a candy thermometer to side of pan, and stir continually till temperature reaches 240 degrees F.
Remove from heat immediately and stir in vanilla and nuts if desired.
- 3Pour into a baking pan, and allow to cool completely,before cutting, into desired sized pieces.
They then can be dipped into chocolate that has beem melted in a double boiler.
Store in a covered container. Best kept in the refrigerator.
Dip one at a time and allow excess to run off, and the chocolate to harden