- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup nestlé carnation evaporated milk, five oz. can
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 1/2 cups nestlé toll house semisweet chocolate morsels, 9 ounces
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts, optional
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
How to Make famous fudge
- 1Line an 8 inch square baking pan with foil.
- 2Mix sugar, evaporated milk, butter and salt in a medium heavy duty pan. Bring to a full rolling boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil, stirring constantly, for 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- 3Stir in marshmallows, morsels, nuts and vanilla extract. Stir vigorously for one minute or until marshmallows are melted
- 4Pour into prepared baking pan
refrigerate for two hours or until firm. List fudge from the pan and remove foil. Cut into pieces. Makes 49 pieces