How to Make English Toffee Bars
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large bowl, combine butter, flour and brown sugar.
- With pastry blender or fork, cut in butter until fine crumbs form (a few large crumbs may remain).
- Press into ungreased 13x9x2-inch baking pan and sprinkle pecans over crust.
- Prepare Toffee Topping; In small saucepan, combine 2/3 cup butter and 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil.
- Continue boiling, stirring constantly, 30 seconds.
- Immediately drizzle evenly over pecans and crust. Bake 20 to 22 minutes or until topping is bubbly and golden; remove from oven.
- Immediately sprinkle milk chocolate chips over top; press gently onto surface.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack and then cut into bars--about 36 bars.