★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1/2 c
- whole almonds
- 2 c
- (1 lb) butter or margarine (i use half of each)
- 2 1/2 c
- 8 oz hershey bar (no nuts)
How to Make English Toffee
- 1Spread almonds in baking sheet and toast in 350 degree oven for ten minutes. Cool and chop
- 2Lightly butter 2 cookie sheets
- 3Combine butter and sugar in heavy deep pan. Cook - medium heat- till it boils, stirring to blend. Then cover with a tight lid and cook for 3 minutes.
- 4Uncover - put candy thermometer in pot - continue cooking, stirring occasionally till candy reaches 290 degrees. Pour IMMEDIATELY onto cookie sheets.
- 5Break hershey up and scatter over top of candy - spread as it melts. Sprinkle with chopped almonds.
Cool in refrigerator.
Break and store in tight lidded container.