★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 lbwhite chocolate, divided
1/2 pkgcream cheese, room temperature (4 oz.)
1/4 cpowdered sugar
1/4 tspground nutmeg
1/4 tsprum extract
1/8 tspground cinnamon
·nutmeg for sprinkling on top
How to Make Eggnog Truffles
- Melt 8 oz. white chocolate in a microwave safe measuring cup. 1 minute. Stir until smooth. In a mixing bowl add cream cheese, powder sugar, 1/4tsp. nutmeg, cinnamon, and rum extract. Beat with a mixer, add melted chocolate beat until smooth. Cover and chill for 4 hours.
- Shape into 1" balls, place on waxed paper, chill until ready to dip.
- Melt 4 oz. white chocolate in microwave safe bowl for 1 minute, stir, nuke for 30 seconds more. Stir. Using a fork dip 1 truffle at a time into white chocolate. Place on wax paper. Use a toothpick to cover fork marks. Sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Repeat with remaining truffles, one at a time.
*when dipping, do so in two separate batches the chocolate will harden up with the cold truffles. If this happens just reheat the chocolate and continue dipping.
- After all truffles are dipped. Chill for 1 hour.