- 1 lb
- white chocolate, divided
- 1/2 pkg
- cream cheese, room temperature (4 oz.)
- 1/4 c
- powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp
- ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp
- rum extract
- 1/8 tsp
- ground cinnamon
- nutmeg for sprinkling on top
How to Make Eggnog Truffles
- 1Melt 8 oz. white chocolate in a microwave safe measuring cup. 1 minute. Stir until smooth. In a mixing bowl add cream cheese, powder sugar, 1/4tsp. nutmeg, cinnamon, and rum extract. Beat with a mixer, add melted chocolate beat until smooth. Cover and chill for 4 hours.
- 2Shape into 1" balls, place on waxed paper, chill until ready to dip.
- 3Melt 4 oz. white chocolate in microwave safe bowl for 1 minute, stir, nuke for 30 seconds more. Stir. Using a fork dip 1 truffle at a time into white chocolate. Place on wax paper. Use a toothpick to cover fork marks. Sprinkle with nutmeg.
- 4Repeat with remaining truffles, one at a time.
*when dipping, do so in two separate batches the chocolate will harden up with the cold truffles. If this happens just reheat the chocolate and continue dipping.
- 5After all truffles are dipped. Chill for 1 hour.