How to Make Easy Toffee Candy
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a jelly roll pan with heavy duty aluminum foil, wrapping over the sides so you can easily lift it out after baking. Spray the sides and bottom well with cooking spray.
- 2Melt 1/4 cup (1/2 a stick) of butter and pour into the prepared pan. Arrange the crackers over the butter, breaking to fit empty spaces.
- 3Melt remaining butter in the same saucepan and add the sugar. Bring to a boil..WATCH IT VERY CAREFULLY SO AS NOT TO BURN. Reduce the heat to low, cook stirring about two minutes and remove from the heat. Stir in the condensed milk and then pour over the crackers
- 4Bake for 10-12 minutes until the sugar and milk mixture is bubbly and slightly darkened. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with chocolate morsels, let stand about 5 minutes or until morsels are shiny. Spread the chocolate evenly, sprinkle with nuts if desired, pressing them into the chocolate.
- 5Cool in the pan for about 30 minutes, then lift the foil out of the pan, refrigerate for an additional 30 minutes. Once thoroughly cooled, remove the foil and either cut or break in small pieces. Enjoy!