Easy Peanut Butter Cups
This recipe was one I got from her cookbook, one of her many, and have tried these many times.. My family loves these..
Chocolate and Peanut butter. No other combo is better.. Try them and tel us what YOU think..
- 11 1/2 oz
- package milk chocolate chips, divided
- 3 Tbsp
- vegetable shortening, divided
- 1 1/2 c
- confectioners' sugar
- 1 c
- creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 c
- (1/2 stick) butter, softened
How to Make Easy Peanut Butter Cups
- 1Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper baking cups. In a small saucepan, melt 1-1/4 cups chocolate chips and 2 tablespoons shortening over low heat, stirring just until mixture is smooth. Allow to cool slightly; mixture should still be pourable.
- 2Starting halfway up each paper cup, spoon about 2 teaspoons mixture over inside of cups, completely covering bottom half of each cup.
- 3Chill cups about 30 minutes, until firm. In a large bowl, combine confectioners' sugar, peanut butter, and butter; mix well. (Mixture will be dry.)
- 4Spoon evenly into the chocolate cups and press down firmly. Add remaining 3/4 cup chocolate chips and 1 tablespoon shortening to saucepan and melt over low heat, stirring just until mixture is smooth.
- 5Spoon equal amounts into cups, spreading to completely cover peanut butter mixture. Cover and chill at least 2 hours, or until firm.