- 1 pkg
- melting chocolate wafers - milk chocolate or dark
- 1 stick
- unsalted butter
- 1 c
- sweetened cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp
- coffee liquor , brandy, or any flavored liquor of your choice
How to Make Easiest Truffles
- 1Melt a 14 oz pkg of melting wafers, which are sold to make molded candy or lollipops. These can be found in the grocery store or a craft store.
- 2Melt chocolate over a double boiler. Mixing till it has melted. Do not use microwave as chocolate can burn very easily. Do not leave unattended.
- 3At this time when chocolate is melting add the butter, which can be thrown in as pieces or whole.
- 4Remove from heat , cool for a few minutes and add your favorite flavor of liquor or even an extract like vanilla or peppermint. Extract should be added slowly and to taste.
- 5Mix well. Place in a glass bowl and chill at least an hour or more. If there is any separation as it cools in refrigerator just stir till it starts to come together.
- 6When ready to assemble your truffles, remove mixture from refrigerator and let sit till it is workable.
- 7Take the sweetened cocoa powder and place in a dish or bowl which you will be able to roll your Truffles in. You can make the truffle balls any size you want but it is preferable to make them about an inch in diameter.
- 8Take some of the cocoa and dip your hands in it ensure the chocolate doesn't stick to your hands when rolling balls.
- 9Roll out a ball and then roll in cocoa to cover very well. I place them in batches in the refrigerator as i go so cocoa powder doesn't get absorbed.
- 10Place all Truffles on a plate and refrigerate till hard. I like to keep them refrigerated till I'm ready to serve then let them come to almost room temperature. Then enjoy. I give them away for the holidays and they are a hit. Great Valentine day treat too.