How to Make Dutch Macaroons
- Whisk the egg white in a large, clear bowl until stiff, then fold in the sugar and ground almonds.
- Place the mixture in a large pastry bag fitted with a 1/2 inch plain tip and pipe fingers 3 inches long onto 2 cookie sheets lined with rice paper, allowing room for expansion during cooking.
- Bake in a preheated oven, 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool. Remove excess rice paper from round the edges.
- Melt the chocolate and dip the base of each cookie into the chocolate. Place the cookies on a sheet of parchment paper and let set. Drizzle remaining chocolate over the top of cookies. Let set before serving. Rice paper can be found in your local oriental food store.
- To order rice paper on line, go to www.kitchenkraft.com. Thanks to Jan Walker for getting this information for us.