DULCE DE LECHE CAKE POPS
Jo Anne Sugimoto
It's not my photo, but I will post my very own when I make it! :)
How to Make DULCE DE LECHE CAKE POPS
- Follow directions on the box to make the cake.
- Allow the cake to cool, and then crumble the cake into a large bowl, no large pieces of cake, please.
- Stir in the Dulce de Leche until well combined.
- With your hands, roll into 1 1/2 inch balls. Place them onto a cookie sheet covered with waxed paper.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for several hours or in the freezer for about 30 minutes. You want the balls to be firm but not frozen.
- Place the almond bark or candy coating in a deep, microwave safe bowl and melt it on medium power for 30 seconds at a time, stirring each time until completely melted.
- Remove the balls from the refrigerator/freezer.
- One at a time, dip about 1/2 of the lolly stick into the melted almond bark and then insert it into the cake ball, pushing it in no more than halfway through.
- Holding the sucker stick with the cake ball attached, dip the entire cake ball into the melted almond bark until it is completely covered up to the base of the cake ball and 1/4 inch of the stick. This helps to secure the cake ball to the stick when the coating sets. Tap it lightly on the side of the bowl to get the excess coating off.
- Sprinkle with candy sprinkles or tiny candy decorations.
- Stick it into a styrofoam block to let dry and set or you can place it into a candy or tiny cupcake liner to set.
- To give away as gifts, you can wrap it in a candy cellophane bag and tie a festive ribbon on it or store in an airtight container in a cool place.