How to Make Divinity Fudge
- Mix sugar, corn syrup and water together and cook, stirring constantly, until tested by dropping a teensy bit into cold water. When done, it will crack against the side of a cup (270 degrees on a candy thermometer).
- Beat the egg whites until very stiff.
- Add the salt and vanilla to the egg whites.
- When the syrup is ready, pour very slowly into the stiffly beaten whites. Beat until creamy.
- Add 1 cup chopped walnuts.
- Pour into a buttered 8x8 inch pan, or you can drop them my teaspoonful onto waxed paper. Let cool.