By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 Tbsplight corn syrup
1 largeegg white
1/2 cpecans, broken
1/2 tspvanilla extract
How to Make Divinity
- Cook only on a DRY day!
- In heavy-bottom pan over medium heat, boil syrup of sugar, water and corn syrup until close to done (about 10 minutes); will spin a thread to pot.
- Take candy off heat.
- Beat egg white with a pinch of salt until you have stiff peaks.
- In a large bowl, add the hot syrup to the beaten egg white while mixing at a high speed.
- If syrup starts to harden, pour a little more.
- When mixture gets stiffer and warmer, can add in a larger stream.
- Add vanilla extract to candy.
- Stir by hand until texture dulls (seems like it takes FOREVER).
- When cool, add nuts (if you add them too soon, the heat pulls the oil out of the nuts and the candy won't harden).
- Drop by tablespoons onto waxed paper.
- To expand the recipe, use no less than 2 cups of sugar; if you quadruple, add an extra egg white, especially if eggs are small.
- Might also try stirring in 3 ounces of broken white chocolate before dropping candy (won't melt).