By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 c
- 1 Tbsp
- light corn syrup
- 1 large
- egg white
- 1/2 c
- pecans, broken
- 1/2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1/4 c
How to Make Divinity
- 1Cook only on a DRY day!
- 2In heavy-bottom pan over medium heat, boil syrup of sugar, water and corn syrup until close to done (about 10 minutes); will spin a thread to pot.
- 3Take candy off heat.
- 4Beat egg white with a pinch of salt until you have stiff peaks.
- 5In a large bowl, add the hot syrup to the beaten egg white while mixing at a high speed.
- 6If syrup starts to harden, pour a little more.
- 7When mixture gets stiffer and warmer, can add in a larger stream.
- 8Add vanilla extract to candy.
- 9Stir by hand until texture dulls (seems like it takes FOREVER).
- 10When cool, add nuts (if you add them too soon, the heat pulls the oil out of the nuts and the candy won't harden).
- 11Drop by tablespoons onto waxed paper.
- 12To expand the recipe, use no less than 2 cups of sugar; if you quadruple, add an extra egg white, especially if eggs are small.
- 13Might also try stirring in 3 ounces of broken white chocolate before dropping candy (won't melt).