Diabetic Millionaire's Shortbread
2 stickbutter, cut into small pieces
2 call-purpose flour
1/3 csplenda/sugar blend
1/2 tspsea salt
28 ozdiabetic sweetened condensed milk
3/4 lbgood-quality milk chocolate
How to Make Diabetic Millionaire's Shortbread
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spray 2, 8 inch square pans with PAM baking spray
- Place the flour, Splenda blend and salt in a food processor and pulse once.
- Add butter and pulse until mixture resembles peas.
- Press the shortbread mixture into prepared pans
- Bake until golden brown around the edges, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
- CARAMEL LAYER:
- In a heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium-low heat, combine the diabetic condensed milk and 2 tablespoons of butter
- Slowly bring the mixture to a boil, stirring continuously.
- Continue stirring over the heat until mixture becomes thick and amber in color, about 15 minutes.
- Pour the caramel over the cooked shortbread
- Spread evenly using an offset spatula.
- Cool to room temperature.
- CHOCOLATE TOPPING:
- In a glass bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water, melt the chocolate.
- Once chocolate has melted, pour it over the cooled caramel layer.
- Cool at room temperature for about 10 minutes
- Then place in the refrigerator to cool completely
- Cut into 1-inch squares and enjoy
- Store the unused portion in the fridge