Diabetic Millionaire's Shortbread
- 2 stick
- butter, cut into small pieces
- 2 c
- all-purpose flour
- 1/3 c
- splenda/sugar blend
- 1/2 tsp
- sea salt
- 28 oz
- diabetic sweetened condensed milk
- 2 Tbsp
- 3/4 lb
- good-quality milk chocolate
How to Make Diabetic Millionaire's Shortbread
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 3Spray 2, 8 inch square pans with PAM baking spray
- 4Place the flour, Splenda blend and salt in a food processor and pulse once.
- 5Add butter and pulse until mixture resembles peas.
- 6Press the shortbread mixture into prepared pans
- 7Bake until golden brown around the edges, about 20 minutes.
- 8Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
- 9CARAMEL LAYER:
- 10In a heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium-low heat, combine the diabetic condensed milk and 2 tablespoons of butter
- 11Slowly bring the mixture to a boil, stirring continuously.
- 12Continue stirring over the heat until mixture becomes thick and amber in color, about 15 minutes.
- 13Pour the caramel over the cooked shortbread
- 14Spread evenly using an offset spatula.
- 15Cool to room temperature.
- 16CHOCOLATE TOPPING:
- 17In a glass bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water, melt the chocolate.
- 18Once chocolate has melted, pour it over the cooled caramel layer.
- 19Cool at room temperature for about 10 minutes
- 20Then place in the refrigerator to cool completely
- 21Cut into 1-inch squares and enjoy
- 22Store the unused portion in the fridge