Deb's Gluten/Sugar Free Coconut Balls
- 2 Tbsp
- coconut oil, melted
- 1 c
- ground unsweetened coconut (divided)
- 2 Tbsp
- powdered cacao or carob
- 1 tsp
- pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp
- celtic sea salt
- 1/2 tsp
- liquid stevia
- 1/4 tsp
- pure almond extract
- 1/2 c
- toasted nuts or seeds ground medium
How to Make Deb's Gluten/Sugar Free Coconut Balls
- 1Melt the coconut oil in a pan on the stove.
- 2Put it in a shallow bowl and add in the chocolate powder. Mix it together well.
- 3Put 3/4 cup of ground coconut into the bowl and mix well. Save the other 1/4 cup of coconut to roll the balls in.
- 4Now add your vanilla, stevia, sea salt and almond extract into the chocolate coconut mixture. Stir well.
- 5Add in the ground nuts. Try to keep some chunks of nuts in the mix, they taste great that way. I used pecans and they were delicious.
Refrigerate for 10 minutes. These will stay together better when rolling.
- 6If you like, use plastic gloves to roll these up. It keeps your hands cleaner.
- 7Make 8 balls and roll in the reserved 1/4 cup of ground coconut. Store in the fridge.