Deb's Gluten/Sugar Free Coconut Balls
2 Tbspcoconut oil, melted
1 cground unsweetened coconut (divided)
2 Tbsppowdered cacao or carob
1 tsppure vanilla extract
1/8 tspceltic sea salt
1/2 tspliquid stevia
1/4 tsppure almond extract
1/2 ctoasted nuts or seeds ground medium
How to Make Deb's Gluten/Sugar Free Coconut Balls
- Melt the coconut oil in a pan on the stove.
- Put it in a shallow bowl and add in the chocolate powder. Mix it together well.
- Put 3/4 cup of ground coconut into the bowl and mix well. Save the other 1/4 cup of coconut to roll the balls in.
- Now add your vanilla, stevia, sea salt and almond extract into the chocolate coconut mixture. Stir well.
- Add in the ground nuts. Try to keep some chunks of nuts in the mix, they taste great that way. I used pecans and they were delicious.
Refrigerate for 10 minutes. These will stay together better when rolling.
- If you like, use plastic gloves to roll these up. It keeps your hands cleaner.
- Make 8 balls and roll in the reserved 1/4 cup of ground coconut. Store in the fridge.