DATE NUT BALLS
How to Make DATE NUT BALLS
- 1In a large pot, melt butter on med-low heat. Add brown sugar & mix well. Add dates and mix well. Add coconut and mix well. Cook this mixture for 6 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 2Remove from heat and add pecans and mix well. Add rice krispies, one cup at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- 3Once this is combined well, put powdered sugar into a large bowl that has a tight fitting lid. Roll mixture into small balls (slightly larger than a large marble or a big grape...bite-size) then drop into *powdered sugar.
- 4Put lid on bowl and gently shake & turn bowl to coat the date balls. Remove balls, shaking off excess sugar & store in air tight container.
- 5*NOTE: Some people roll them in coconut instead of powdered sugar. It's your choice.