Dark Chocolate Rum Truffles
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 3 8oz packages of baker's semisweet squares
- 12 tbsp of dark rum or southern comfort
- 6 tbsp of brewed coffee
- 12 oz of unsalted butter, cut into 1" pieces
- 1 14 oz bag of gingersnap cookies, finely crushed
- 1 8 oz bag of pecans, finely chopped
How to Make Dark Chocolate Rum Truffles
- 1In a double boiler, break up the chocolate squares. To the melting chocolate, add the pieces of unsalted butter, stirring often, until well blended with the chocolate. Add the coffee and rum, stirring well. Remove from heat when thoroughly mixed and add the ground gingersnaps. Mix well. Cover and chill until firm. About an hour and a half or so.
- 2In a small processor, (or finely chop by hand), process the pecans into tiny pieces suitable for rolling. You can also use powdered sugar, or toasted sweetened flaked coconut, or walnuts. Spread the nuts, sugar, etc. on a piece of foil or wax paper.
- 3Bring the chocolate mixture to room temperature, about 30-45 minutes to be able to handle the chocolate easily. Use a teaspoon to dig out the chocolate and form into 1" balls. Roll the balls in the chopped nuts or your choice of coconut or powdered sugar. I have tripled the basic recipe, which yields approx. 30 candies. The tripled recipe yields approximately 85-90 candies, depending on the size. Enjoy! (Most of the prep time includes chilling, bringing to room temperature, and rolling the candies).