Dark Chocolate covered Coconut Marshmallows
- 3 pkg
- gelatin, unflavored
- 1 c
- cold water, divided
- 2 c
- 1 c
- light corn syrup
- 1/8 tsp
- 1 bottle
- 1fl. oz coconut extract
- 1 pkg
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp
- coconut oil
- toasted coconut for top optional
How to Make Dark Chocolate covered Coconut Marshmallows
- 1Line a 13 by 9 inch pan with foil and pray with non stick cooking spray; set aside
- 2In a larg mixing bowl (I use my kitchen aid mixer bowl) sprinkle gelatin over 1/2 cup water; set aside.
- 3In a large heavy saucepan, combine sugar, corn syrup, salt, and remaining water. Bring to a boil, stiring occasionally. Cook without strring, until a candy thermometer reads 240* (soft-ball sstage)
- 4Remove from heat and gradully add to gelatin in a small stream while beating. Beat on high speed until mixture is thick and the volume has doubled, about 15minuts, it should look like marshmallow cream, beat in coconut extract.
- 5Spread into prepared pan, cover and let stand 6 hours or over night.
- 6Lift marshmalllow out using foil, with a pizza cutter coated with cooking spray (you can use a knife to) cut into 1 1/2 in squares.
- 7Melt bag of chocolate chips and coconut oil in microwave safe bowl in microwave. start with one minute and then continue for 30 second interavls till smooth, do not over heat!
- 8Dip bottoms of marshmallows in chocolat and place on waxed paper. Transfer remaining chocolate to a plastic ziploc bag, cut off small amount of a corner and use to drizzle chocolate over the tops of the marshmallows. Top with toasted coconut if you so wish. Let harden, this can take different amounts of time depending on house temperature. Enjoy!