Dairy State Fudge
Many years ago as a young girl I would go through recipe books and look at all the pretty pictures and imagine cooking that particular item. I found this one in a very old cookbook that I had. And after viewing the picture I decided I just had to try this.
- 1 pkg
- (8-ozs) cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tbsp
- butter (no substitutes)
- 2 lb
- white confectionery coating, broken into small pieces
- 1 to 1 1/2 c
- chopped pecans or walnuts
How to Make Dairy State Fudge
- 1Line a 9" square pan with foil and butter the foil; set aside.
- 2In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy;p set aside.
- 3In the top of a double boiler, melt butter. Add confectionery coating; heat and stir until melted and smooth.
- 4Pour over cream cheese; beat until smooth and glossy, about 7-10 minutes. Stir in nuts. Pour into prepared pan. Cool Remove from pan and cut into 1" pieces. Store in the refrigerator.