Crispy Double Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies
These are crispy crunchy cookies that will delight anyone who loves chocolate and pecans.
- 1/2 c
- earth balance margarine
- 1/2 c
- 1 large
- organic egg
- 1 tsp
- vanilla or almond extract
- 1 c
- spelt flour
- 3 Tbsp
- ghirardelli ground chocolate with cocoa
- 1/2 tsp
- baking soda
- 2 Tbsp
- non-dairy milk
- 1/3 c
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 c
- toasted pecans, chopped
How to Make Crispy Double Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies
- 1Heat oven to 375'F. If you live at 5,000 ft. like I do preheat the oven to 350'F.
- 2In the bowl of an electric mixer beat the Earth Balance and Xylitol until well combined.
- 3Add the egg and vanilla or almond extract and beat again.
- 4In a separate bowl stir the flour, ground chocolate, and baking soda together with a whisk.
- 5Add the milk and four mixture alternately into the earth balance egg vanilla mixture until well incorporated.
- 6Stir in the chocolate chips and pecans.
- 7Using a teaspoon measure drop onto your ungreased cookie sheet.
- 8Bake 7-9 minutes. These can burn so keep an eye on them.
- 9Remove from the oven and let sit for a minute or two, then transfer to a wire rack.
- 10Cool completely so they won't crack. Store in an air tight container.