Creamy Chocolate Truffles
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 12 oz
- chocolate chips
- 16 oz
- tub chocolate frosting
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1 box
- powdered sugar
How to Make Creamy Chocolate Truffles
- 1Melt chocolate chips in large bowl in microwave 30 seconds, stir. Heat another 30 seconds and stir. Should be melted, but if needed, heat additional 10 seconds at a time until melted when stirred.
- 2Add all of frosting and vanilla, stir to mix thoroughly.
- 3Put in fridge to set for 1-2 hours.
- 4Put powdered sugar in a smaller separate bowl.
- 5Spray palms of hands with cooking spray. Using a spoon, scoop out teaspoon sized truffle mixture. Roll in hands to make a ball and drop into powdered sugar and roll around to coat. Place on a cookie sheet. Repeat til all is used. Store in covered container in fridge. Place some in a pretty serving bowl to serve. Can be left out for hours, but will get softer as they warm to room temperature.
- 6Variations ~
Different Chips....white chocolate, peanut butter, butterscotch etc.
Different Frostings....vanilla, cream cheese, lemon, strawberry, chocolate (milk or fudge) etc.
Different Extracts....too many to list
Different Coatings....cocoa powder, sprinkles, chopped nuts, coconut (plain or toasted), powdered hot chocolate, flavored coffees in a tin, etc.