Creamy Chocolate Truffles
★★★★★ 1 vote5
12 ozchocolate chips
16 oztub chocolate frosting
1 tspvanilla extract
1 boxpowdered sugar
How to Make Creamy Chocolate Truffles
- Melt chocolate chips in large bowl in microwave 30 seconds, stir. Heat another 30 seconds and stir. Should be melted, but if needed, heat additional 10 seconds at a time until melted when stirred.
- Add all of frosting and vanilla, stir to mix thoroughly.
- Put in fridge to set for 1-2 hours.
- Put powdered sugar in a smaller separate bowl.
- Spray palms of hands with cooking spray. Using a spoon, scoop out teaspoon sized truffle mixture. Roll in hands to make a ball and drop into powdered sugar and roll around to coat. Place on a cookie sheet. Repeat til all is used. Store in covered container in fridge. Place some in a pretty serving bowl to serve. Can be left out for hours, but will get softer as they warm to room temperature.
- Variations ~
Different Chips....white chocolate, peanut butter, butterscotch etc.
Different Frostings....vanilla, cream cheese, lemon, strawberry, chocolate (milk or fudge) etc.
Different Extracts....too many to list
Different Coatings....cocoa powder, sprinkles, chopped nuts, coconut (plain or toasted), powdered hot chocolate, flavored coffees in a tin, etc.