Coffee Chocolate Truffles
I usually halve this recipe; this makes 48 truffles.
2 pkg(12 ounces each) semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 pkg(8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
3 Tbspinstant coffee granules
1 lbdark chocolate confectionary coating
How to Make Coffee Chocolate Truffles
- Mix coffee and hot water, let stand about 5 minutes.
- In double boiler, melt chocolate chips. Add cream cheese, (coffee and water) and mix well.
- chill until firm enough to shape. Shape into 1 inch balls and place on wax paper-lined cookie sheet. Chill 1-2 hours until firm.
- Melt chocolate coating in double boiler. Dip balls and place on wax paper to harden. If desired, melt white coating and drizzle over.
- Truffles can be frozen for several months before dipping in chocolate. Thaw in refrigerator before dipping.
I usually halve this recipe, this makes 48 truffles.