Coconut Bon Bons
These are always part of my Christmas candy for gift giving and there are hardly any leftovers!
- 1 can(s)
- eagle brand sweetened condensed milk
- 1 c
- unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 c
- godiva white chocolate liquer
- 3 c
- shredded coconut, finely chopped
- 1 c
- toasted pecans, chopped
- 2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 9 c
- confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1 pkg
- ghirardelli candy making & dipping bar (2.5 lb.), double chocolate flavor
How to Make Coconut Bon Bons
- 1In the mixing bowl of your electric mixer, blend sweetened condensed milk, butter and Godiva liquer. Gradually add coconut (whiz it through the food processor to finely chop). Stir in chopped pecans and vanilla.
- 2Gradually add the sifted confectioners sugar until thoroughly blended. Chill if necessary before rolling into 1" balls. Freeze rolled balls overnight.
- 3In a double boiler over not quite simmering water, break dipping bar into small chunks to begin melting. Meanwhile, line a large area (or multiple cookie sheets) with waxed paper. Once dipping bar is melted, take coconut balls from freezer and dip to cover and place on waxed paper until set.
Store in airtight container.
*Not sure how many this makes but it does make a BUNCH!! If I had to guess...I'd say you're looking at approximately 6-8 dozen coconut bon bons. :-)