How to Make Cinnamon Popcorn
- Make your popcorn the old fashioned way, or you can use an air popper. Place 2 tbls. oil in a large pot over medium heat, dump in 1/2c. popcorn, shake to coat popcorn with the oil. Keep shaking the pot to prevent burning.
- When popcorn is finished place it in the brown paper bag and set it aside.
- In a microwave safe lg. bowl melt the stick of butter, then add in red hots and corn syrup. Cook for 1 minute intervals stirring every minute until all red hots are melted.
- Carefully remove bowl and pour contents in brown bag over the popcorn. Crinkle the top of the bag tightly and carefully start shaking the bag.
- Shake for about 1 minute or until popcorn is completely covered.
- Lay sheets of wax paper down on your table and pour the popcorn out, be careful it may still be hot. Separate the kernels (I take this chance to pick out any unpopped kernels) and let sit until cooled. Store in a air tight container and enjoy.
- Once you make this recipe a couple of times you'll become a pro. Adjust the redhots to your taste add in some extra red food coloring to really make the red pop for Christmas.