Cinnamon Marshmallows (no egg whites)
Jordan Michelle Falco
These recipes are copied straight from my notes in my individual production pastry class. I’m putting them here on just a pinch for my own posterity.
- 1 1/2 oz
- 8 oz
- water, cold, for hydration
- 24 oz
- 12 oz
- glucose syrup
- 4 oz
- 4 oz
- invert sugar
- 6 oz
- 1 oz
- vanilla extract
- 10 g
- ground cinnamon
How to Make Cinnamon Marshmallows (no egg whites)
- 1Stir the gelatin into the cold water to hydrate.
- 2Combine the sugar, cinnamon, glucose syrup, honey, invert sugar, and water in a saucepan and cook to 252f
- 3Pour the coked sugar into a 12-qt planetary mixer bowl and allow to cool to 212F
- 4While the syrup cools, melt the hydrated gelatin in the microwave.
- 5Mix the melted gelatin into the cooled sugar. Whip on high speed for 8 minutes, or until well aerated. Add the vanilla extract.
- 6Spread into a half sheet pan lined with parchment paper and well oiled.
- 7Place a piece of oiled parchment paper ontop of the marshmallow. Flatten to top by hand until smooth. Allow to set over night.
- 8Dust with a sifted mixture of equel parts cofectioners sugar and cornstarch (you may add a dash of cinnamon if you desire). But the marshmallow with scissors or a guitar cutter into squares. Dust the pieces with the starch mixture.