Cinnamon Marshmallows (no egg whites)
Jordan Michelle Falco
These recipes are copied straight from my notes in my individual production pastry class. I’m putting them here on just a pinch for my own posterity.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 1/2 ozgelatin
8 ozwater, cold, for hydration
12 ozglucose syrup
4 ozinvert sugar
1 ozvanilla extract
10 gground cinnamon
How to Make Cinnamon Marshmallows (no egg whites)
- Stir the gelatin into the cold water to hydrate.
- Combine the sugar, cinnamon, glucose syrup, honey, invert sugar, and water in a saucepan and cook to 252f
- Pour the coked sugar into a 12-qt planetary mixer bowl and allow to cool to 212F
- While the syrup cools, melt the hydrated gelatin in the microwave.
- Mix the melted gelatin into the cooled sugar. Whip on high speed for 8 minutes, or until well aerated. Add the vanilla extract.
- Spread into a half sheet pan lined with parchment paper and well oiled.
- Place a piece of oiled parchment paper ontop of the marshmallow. Flatten to top by hand until smooth. Allow to set over night.
- Dust with a sifted mixture of equel parts cofectioners sugar and cornstarch (you may add a dash of cinnamon if you desire). But the marshmallow with scissors or a guitar cutter into squares. Dust the pieces with the starch mixture.