Ciao Bella Peanut Butter "Eggs"
Anna Sciancalepore Antoniello
They are time consuming to make but worth it!
I have also made this in bon-bon shapes for my nephew's communion party and EVERYONE was impressed. I am honored to share it with JAP!
18 ozsmooth peanut butter
7 ozmarshmallow cream
1 1/4 lbconfectioners' sugar
8 ozwhipped butter
1 tspvanilla extract
24-36 ozmilk chocolate chips, divided
3 Tbspvegetable shortening, divided
1 cwhite chocolate chips
How to Make Ciao Bella Peanut Butter "Eggs"
- With an electric mixer beat peanut butter, marshmallow cream, butter, and vanilla until smooth.
- Add the sugar a little at a time until combined.
- Place wax paper on cookie sheets. Take a heaping tablespoon and shape into an "egg". Place on wax paper. Freeze for about 1-2 hours.
- Melt half the milk chocolate chips with 1 tablespoon of shortening in the microwave until smooth. About 1 minute, stir. If not completely smooth use additional 30 sec intervals until melted. (Or use a melting pot for chocolate)
- Take "eggs" from freezer and dip into chocolate(allow excess chocolate to drip) and place back on wax paper. (when ready melt remaining milk chocolate and 1 tablespoon shortening, about half way through dipping).
- Drizzle with melted 1 cup white cocolate chips with 1 tablespoon shortening. Refrigerate to set. Store refrigerated, but can be enjoyed at room temp.