How to Make Church Windows
- In a double broiler (or a pot inside another pot, if you're like me), begin melting the butter and chocolate chips together, stirring frequently.
- When the chocolate/butter is about 3/4ths of the way melted, take it off the heat and allow to finish.
- Put walnuts in a food processor or crush them. You can add some cinnamon and sugar if you want ;)
- Lay out a sheet of aluminum foil and a sheet of wax paper on top of it.
- Spread coconut on wax paper. You can use as much or as little as you like, but stay at least an inch or so from the edge.
- After cooling the chocolate for about 10 minutes, add the marshmallows and nuts and carefully mix with a rubber spatula until evenly coated.
- Dump marshmallow mixture into log shape on top of the coconut.
- Roll up the sides of he wax paper and foil, and tuck in the sides. Wrap snugly and place in the fridge for a few hours.
- Cut into slices, as thick or thin as you like.