★★★★★ 2 votes5
- 1 1/3 c
- 1 c
- karo, or light corn syrup
- 4 c
- powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/4 tsp
- favorite flavored oil or extract, we usually use real vanilla
- drop or two of food coloring if desired
How to Make Christmas Fondant
- 1In a 3 quart saucepan, heat butter, corn syrup and 2 cups of the powdered sugar over low heat until bubbly. Stir in the remaining sugar; remove from heat.
- 2Stir until the mixture holds its shape. Turn into a greased pan. Cool until luke-warm. Knead until smooth.
- 3Add flavoring oil or extract and coloring. Shape with lightly greased hands into balls, mint patties, etc.
- 4Use to dip in chocolate, or flatten into pieces that can be inserted into a piece of dried fruit (peaches, apricots, dates or figs). Top with a half pecan or walnut; pressed into the center of the fondant. Yield 1 1/3 lbs.