1 cbrown sugar, light
1 cgranulated sugar
1 cdark karo syrup
2 cevaporated milk
2 stickbutter, room temperature
3 ctoasted pecans
1 tspvanilla extract
1big bar of good quality semi sweet chocolate of your choice
How to Make Chocolate Turtles
- In a sauce pan add brown and white sugar, karo syrup, butter(cut butter in pats it helps it melt faster)and 1 cup of the evaporated milk to a boil. (Stir continuously)
- When at a boil add last cup of milk.
- Bring temperature to 255 degrees then stir in pecans and vanilla.
- With a spoon place heaping mound of caramel with about 4 to five pecans in each on a greased cookie sheet. Let it set up for about 20 to 25 minutes.
- When cooled place good quality chopped chocolate of your choice in a double boiler (simmering water)and melt.
- Remove from boiler and place caramel mounds face down first in to chocolate flip and with a fork shake off excess chocolate.
- Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet to cool.