Chocolate Praline Truffles1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 Tbspcanola oil
1/2 calmonds, whole
6 ozsemi-sweet chocolate, chopped
1/4 cbutter, unsalted
2.5 Tbsporange liqueur
2 Tbspheavy cream
1orange peel, grated
1/2 ccocoa, unsweetened
4 ozsemi-sweet chocolate, chopped
How to Make Chocolate Praline Truffles
- PRALINE POWDER: Oil a cookie sheet and set aside.
- In a heavy 1 quart sauce pan, melt the sugar over low heat cook until it reaches 310 on candy thermometer and begins to caramelize.
- Add the almonds and continue cooking until candy becomes rich brown.
- Pour hot mixture on to cookie sheet and cool until hard.
- Break into pieces and grind into a fine powder, in a blender or food processor.
- TRUFFLES: Melt chocolate over hot water in the top of a double boiler.
- Stir in butter, liqueur, cream orange peel and praline powder.
- Place mixture in fridge and allow to cool until thick enough to shape (about 1 hour).
- Form into balls 1/2 inch in diameter.
- Place in a single layer on a cookie sheet and freeze until firm.
- COATING: Sprinkle cocoa on a waxed lined cookie sheet.
- Melt chocolate over hot water.
- Allow to cool to luke warm.
- Put a dollop of luke warm chocolate in your hand and quickly roll a frozen truffle in it.
- Thinly coat each truffle, then roll in cocoa.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Makes 4 dozen.