Chocolate Peanut Butter Toffee
1/3 cslivered almonds
1sleeve saltines ( about 4 oz )
2 stickunsalted butter
1 cpacked brown sugar
1/2 tspvanilla extract
1 ccreamy peanut butter
1 csemisweet chocolate chips
1 cwhit chocolate chips
How to Make Chocolate Peanut Butter Toffee
- Preheat oven to 350. Spread almonds in a shallow pan, bake until lightly toasted, 5 to 7 minutes. Shaking pan halfway through, remove to a bowl to cool, then chop finly.
- Line a 15 x 10 inch baking sheet with foil, mist with cooking spray. Arrange crackers in a single layer on the sheet, breaking crackers as necessary to fit.
- Bring butter and sugar to a boil in a small pan over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Boil for 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, stir in vanilla. Spread mixture over crackers evenly.
- Bake for 13 minutes, remove from oven, add peanut butter in dollops. Return to oven until peanut butter begins to melt. 1-2 minutes.Transfer sheet to a wire rack.
- Spred peanut buter evenly , sprinkle both types of chocolate chips over it, let stand until chips soften, about 1 minute. Spread chips over peanut butter layer, sprinkle with almonds. Let stand for 30 minutes, Place sheet in refrigerator, chill until chocolate is firm, about 30 minutes.
- Break into approximately 20 pieces. Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 1 week.